Sunday, April 26, 2009

25 Weeks...

Until Race Day, so training starts tomorrow. But since I have more than enough time before race day, I'm using two different training schedules, mostly because I haven't really ran anything yet. Just been doing Cross Training I guess. I'm still going to use the stationary bike, it will help my cardio, but with this new endeavor I have realized that I'm missing a key piece of equipment: A watch. I haven't worn a sports watch since my last one broke in 2002, and that one was awesome.

I've been looking/comparing many, mostly Polar watches. But I guess for now I should just get a cheapie watch, and go for the Polar one later, or as I get closer to race day. Yes, the Polar watches are Heart Rate Monitors and some can tell you how many calories you have burned during work outs. So not something really needed for just running, I guess.

My housing situation is now up in the air. I think it will be ok, I have a back up if it falls through. Just have to see what God's doing with that, and it will come soon. But please pray about it if you can.

So tomorrow is 65 minutes of Cross training and a three mile run. I need to figure out a route, I have never ran around Flagstaff before. But hopefully I'll be able to figure it out before tomorrow.

I'm excited to go home, and I'm actually going to be hitting the LBC this time. Yet, it will still be a busy weekend. Plan on leaving Flagstaff sometime on Friday, hopefully not too late and get into Victorville sometime that evening. May go hang out with a friend, and stay with the Lusters. Birthday parties, Tee ball, and baby holding is what's up for the following day. Sunday, my niece Eleanor is getting baptized, and Henry is getting dedicated, plus it's Mother's Day. I may just leave that Thursday afternoon, not sure if there is really a point to staying in Flagstaff on Friday...But we will see when it gets closer... 12 days to go.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Henry keeps asking why Aunt Raylene hasn't come to visit.

I keep telling him different excuses, but soon I'm just gonna have to tell him you're dead, like Uncle Sam.

Becca Masnick said...

Hey, I was wondering myself if we were just gonna have to have a picture of you framed to tote to all the family gatherings, so we would all remember what you looked like! LOL! love you & looking forward to seeing you there!

Raylene said...

Well everyone knows Sam is dead, that's old news.

And if he's wanting to see me so bad, he should come out here. I mean, he doesn't even have a job yet, so what is he doing all day? Sleeping? Reading Spanish Johnny Apple Seed?

And no matter who's house you go to there is always a picture of me, so toting a picture is kinda useless. But one should still do so cause I'm awesome... Remember I got all the good left overs...

Zoogirl said...

the key to Raylene's last comment is LEFTOVERS....we defenetly got the good stuff. she had slim pickings, like the ability to fake sleep and cry at a moments notice. Hee hee. Just joking. I love you.