Saturday, April 21, 2012

Published Life?

I have gotten a few opportunities (which were mandatory) to cover our reception desk at work, so that the receptionist could take lunch. Depending on the day, it's either for Hilde or Beth, mostly for Hilde.

Hilde is an amazing woman. She has so much to share, and usually does, which I wish I had more time to sit and listen to her life. She immigrated to the US via boat two weeks after marrying her husband in their small German town. I don't think I have ever met someone from that era. She is so full of history!

She is documenting her life, "because my children don't ask." She's writing and scanning pictures, and laying it all out, and I'm ready to read it all. "It doesn't exist yet!"

My life story isn't in ink either, but is it worth it to jot it down? I'm an eighties kid, born and raised in Southern California, and now live in Arizona. I know there are little details in between, but not like Hilde's, or at least right now that's how I feel.

I have kept a journal for a long time(which for over a year, I have not written anything), just jotting down life as I traveled through it, and go back and read it to see how I have grown. How my life was centered and changed, but is it something others would want to read? I should pull it out, re-read it, and maybe add another chapter...

No comments: