Sunday, May 20, 2012

Am I Okay?

Everyone is asked that on a daily bases or should be. This weekend, I was asked that very question, a few times, yet it made me evaluate my response.

My life, though not perfect (which I know is impossible), is nothing I dreamed. I live in a city I had no desire of being a resident of. Have a job I do not want to do for the rest of my life, though I'm pretty successful at it. I have a relationship with a man I love and care for so much, yet question some aspects of it. I have a bachelor's degree that remains useless for the time being. And dreams that are on hold or have become unrealistic. I guess it's being human to doubt life, and the hand dealt.

So am I okay? I guess so. I have come to terms, for awhile now, that is this where God wants me. As to why exactly, I'm still walking and finding out. I'm doing my best to move forward and not sulk in the past, though reminiscing is something I surely enjoy.

So what was the point of this blog post. Nothing, just my random thoughts and current feelings needing expressed. I needed an outlet and the internet is just that, when used wisely.

I have loved and lost, succeeded and failed, been hurt and caused pain. It's life, and I know I'm not the only one that experienced this, nor are they things I never will again. I grow, age, and become a better person because of these things. So am I really okay?

Yes, simply because I just need to look and cry out to God and know He's in control. I think when I am not "okay" is when I have tried to rely on myself or others. It's part of being human, but as I walk more with Him, I will continue to reminders He has it all under control, and that I'm okay.

No comments: