Monday, February 25, 2013

Stress = Meeting

I recently was promoted at my job given a bit of insight what expected in the coming months and years. Since then I have been a bit more stressed and I'm not sure it's the work load, to the point of considering resigning from these new projects I was so excited to see get off the ground.

I'm grateful that I have a great relationship with my manager, so I often find myself venting and sharing my current feelings due to stress. This time she decided to go to bat and set up a meeting with the director and the person that seems to be the one stressing me out. It's tomorrow and I want out.

This other person is a manager over a sub-department of our office, but has IT experience and used to work in my area five months ago. I feel that their IT experience is out dated and not that beneficial to these projects. Also, they have been out of the DPR game for almost a full year due to other projects assigned  them.

So I'm having a hard time figuring out what their role is in all this and why it seems like I am really just the lab rat. Thus the meeting.

I don't want to cause tension or hurt feelings, but it's getting old being on a team with a teammate that doesn't want to even cheer you on or help you work on your swing.

No comments: