Thursday, February 21, 2013

String Cheese and Babies

Like most of us in the working world, my time used of lunch is precious, especially on stressful days. Company is what makes lunch more than just 30 minutes of cold sandwiches and salads. I love my lunch buddies, and the conversations we have.

Today, while discussing being actively in the spotlight of our churches and work, we got on the subject of babies, particularly our future babies. Mostly the fears of my dear friend and co-worker.

She is obviously not mentally their to start her family, which I have a hard time relating to, but totally understand that not every single woman is all gun-ho to get sick, uncomfortable, stretched and put through extreme pain just to extend their family. But I was glad I was there, mostly to listen and discuss they whys.

I'm 29 years old, and pretty much ready, but I'm also on God time, not my own. If I had it my way, I would have been perfectly happy starting my family in my early twenties, but God knew I needed to mature before taking that leap. Doesn't mean I'm not scared. A baby changes more than just my body, but Jason and I's life. Do I stay home? Go back to work? Will we stay in Phoenix? If not, were will we settle and continue to grow our family? There are so many other questions that I could come up with, but I have to remember that I/We will handle them as they come.

I think the biggest fear that we mutually shared was if we would be good moms. What is a good mom? Really, how do you define that?

No comments: