Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Here We Go Again...

Around this time, two years ago, I was single, one my own and overweight, but in Five months I lost 20 lbs. Since then I have gotten back to where I started, just a few pounds shy of my original starting weight two years ago. I just need to get motivated again, and it was easier then since I was single and had a PE class twice a week. I also changed what I was eating, even though I went out to eat almost every night with my friends.

Now, I'm a relationship, living at home, and doing little to be active. Jason has lost 50lbs since May, and is still trying to lose more. So while I was out there, he and I would go walk Gracie every other night. And I don't mean just around the block, I mean like 2.5 miles minimum. Since I got back a week ago, I have maybe worked out via Wii once, and only for 20 minutes. I just find a lot of excuses as to why I can't or won't take the time to do it.

Also, I'm not buying the groceries anymore. Yes, my Mom has asked many times as to what I like to eat, which I share, but if she fixes dinner, I'll eat it. If there is something that seems to be more tasty I will eat it instead of other things I should be eating. I need a total reprogramming of my habits.

I assure you, this isn't just because I'm due to say 'I do" in seven months, this is because I need to feel healthy again. I really would like to run road races again, but can't in my current condition.

I guess I just sort of had a wake up call today, and realized I need to get my butt in gear. And do realize it's better with a buddy...

1 comment:

smartypants728 said...

I sympathize with your lifestyle challenges here! I've never been able to eat well enough to lose weight when staying with my parents, or really anywhere outside of my own kitchen. I also don't think there's any way I could have undertaken a serious health/fitness project during our engagement - planning and communication about the wedding were just so time-consuming! I don't know how other brides do it. I don't have any real solutions for you but I just wanted to commiserate. Best of luck finding a job and moving and all so you can have more control over these sorts of things, and doing what you can where you are for now.