Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nip Tuck, While I Bike

It's the easiest way for me to actually get a work out in. I already can sit in front of the TV for hours, mainly because I have done it before, and recently did might I add. So, so far I have worked out at least two days this week, even though I was shooting for five, but two is better than one or even none.

Yesterday, I had my first interview since October 2010. I applied for a position with Goodwill Industries of Northern Arizona Tuesday afternoon, and thirty minutes I get a phone call to set up an interview. Since the job is in Flagstaff, I felt a bit stressed out the last two days. Mainly because I was concerned about travel costs and when I would travel. I had already planned to be in Flagstaff a week from today, since I was going to go visit Jason next week in Peoria and head up for a few days. Well, with the need for an "interview" asap, I was debating on driving the seven hours to meet in person, which is costly and I would have to try to coordinate with a friend or two about possible sleeping arrangements (which I hate intruding). The other was to possibly take the train, rent a car, and head back immediately via the train as well. The train lacks showers, as well as my truck, so again I would have to make arrangements with a friend or two in town in regards to "freshening up" before the interview. Finally, do I just inform them that I will be there the following week and would gladly interview then, but maybe lose the opportunity and job itself? Lucky for me, God was there, and made yesterday happen.

The Director who called me on Tuesday offered up doing a Skype interview. Problem: I currently didn't own a webcam, but luckily for me, I have been looking to get one, just haven't. So after asking family if they owned one or their opinion on which ones are good quality, I bought one, tested it out with both Jason and my sister, Rhonda. Then I called the Director, "how about we do it in thirty minutes?" I agreed, but just made me more nervous than before. Jason prayed with me via skype, which was weird, but I'm grateful that he did.

The interview went well, started off a bit rocky, but towards the end, I felt strong about it. The Director was a bit concerned about the fact that I am 500 miles away at the moment, but I assured him I could just pack up and leave. Didn't really explain in to details that it would entail me basically living out of a duffel bag for a few weeks and couching it at friends house, but I basically would do anything to have a job right now. Even if the situation was that I got hired today and needed to start work tomorrow. I basically would be packing up and leaving at this moment to get out there.

He wants to do a face-to-face interview, which is fine, but is concerned that next Thursday maybe too late in the week, and having me drive out for an hour interview would be unfair to me. I reassured him that I am flexible, and realize that their is an immediate need to fill this position. So today I will find out about weather or not my interview will be earlier or later next week.

Telling Jason about the packing up and basically saying I would be willing to start the next day bums him out a lot. Next week would be the first time I have seen him since last month when I went out. So if I interview earlier in the week and end up working, there won't be the days we were planning to be together. He even got three days off, and a half day Thursday. He knows that this is important for the both of us, but can't help but be a bit upset. But if I get the job, he and I will only be a max 2 hours away from one another, rather than six or more.

Jason was recently offered a job with KNAU in Flagstaff, but it's strictly part-time, and only the weekends for little pay. Right now, he feels that he can't take it. It's not enough hours or pay to move him to the area, and commuting would not be worth it at all. But maybe something will come up soon for him that allows him to take it or another job. I know the job with KNAU would fit him perfectly, and he would enjoy doing it.

I'm so grateful that God made the situation where I could get an initial interview and it only costing me $30 dollars rather than $181+ food and such. If this is the job he wants for me, so be it, and He will make it happen. We shall see what he has in stored as I grow even more.

No comments: