Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I'm somewhat excited, especially since I just made a major purchase. I finally bought running shoes! I know, I'm lame. What a silly thing to be so excited about, but I'm also excited about a new store opening soon by my house, but that's another day.

I am proud of myself, finally have no excuse to go out and at least walk for now, and hopefully be running in a few weeks without major soreness. Hopefully after awhile, register for a 5K in a few months, and start competing again.

Also, I'm back counting calories, or at least being more aware of my intake and of what I'm actually eating. I'm also working out, somewhat, but hopefully more constant.

Small Goal: Workout everyday (even if it's just 20 minutes of movement)
Large Goal: Lose the 20lbs I have gained since getting married by my anniversary.

I have done it before, got down to 145lbs just before moving to Austin in 2009, but since then life has been very different and always changing. But I'm going to take the bull by the horns and really stick to it this time.

No comments: