Monday, August 3, 2015

Four years ago, this week in fact, I moved from Southern California to Phoenix, Arizona. I can't believe it has been four years, but alas, that's what happens when you grow older. Time passes faster and faster, and you try to just hang on. 

I will admit, the only thing that excited me about the move, was that in a month Jason and I would be married, and that Phoenix would only be temporary. I had no job prospects, close friends, or even family in this little valley of the constant heat, but I came, knowing it just had to be here for a little while. Looking back, knowing what I know now, I think, no, I know I would still willingly move here.

Why am I ok living in a place that is basically Summer from May to October? I'm not entirely sure, maybe the heat got to me, fried by brain or something. But I do know it's because I needed to be here, now, during this part of my life. Without the events, actions of others, and epiphanies, my mind and education would not be what it is  now. 

I would not be me...

No comments: