Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The First of Many

So I have a lot going on in my life, and lately it seems that I've become super popular. Ok, in the last three days I have been so busy that it's finally catching up with me. It's been a long time since I've been this exhausted. I work all day, come home, clean, and my phone is ringing not stop. People rarely call me to begin with, but for some reason, I'm already booked for the week. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be busy, than sitting at home bored out of my mind.
For the past couple of weeks I've been spending a lot of my time with Chris. He and I first met in a Religions class a few years back, and just recently started talking and hanging out. He's a sweetheart, and fun to laugh and joke around with. Though he says I pick on him quite a bit. Hey it's me just being me and if you can't handle it...He likes it. He used to race quads, and wants to get back into it. So we've been out a few times...ok like everyday minus two days in the last two weeks. I haven't fallen off yet, just almost the last time we went out on one of his racers. Makes me want to learn how to ride one, which will lead to my want of owning one. But I'm already planning on getting a pocket bike to cruise around campus on. It's only like 200, and I could go just about anywhere on it. Just need to have a helmet too.
I'm becoming more and more home sick it seems. This is the first year of my life that I won't be in California for the summer. Today would have been the first day working with kids for the district, and I would honestly be happier doing that then sitting here at a desk. Plus, I haven't really gotten to see my family, and visit with everyone back home. Once again I'm feeling like I'm missing out on everything. I guess I just need to plan a trip home.
I did plan a trip to Portland, Oregon, but that fell through big time. I wanted to see if that's where I wanted to go to grad school, and if it was a place I wanted to live in the future. So, I basically watched it crash and burn, and had a feeling from the start that it was gonna end that way. But it's all good. Going down south instead during that time. Becca already confirmed that it was ok, and to let her know as to when she needs to pick me up at the airport. I'm so excited to see her, Gregg and the Nut, it's been two years since the last time I went out there. Just hope that I can keep myself busy for the two weeks that I'm there.


I get Religious Jokes sent to my email everyday, so I thought I would share...

Once there was an old rich man who was afraid of dying and leaving all his wealth behind on earth. So, he took up the matter with God. He pleaded day and night to be able to take all his earthly possessions with him.

Finally, God conceded. He said the man could take as much as he could fit in one suitcase. The old man immediately went out, bought a huge suitcase, sold all he owned and filled the suitcase with gold bars.

Shortly after that, the old man died. Awkwardly dragging the big, heavy suitcase, he approached St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter stopped him, asked him to open his luggage, and then told him he couldn't bring his gold bars into Heaven.The man was irate. "You don't understand," he said. "I got permission directly from God himself for this. He told me whatever I could fit into one suitcase, I could bring with me."

St. Peter, shrugged his shoulders and simply said, "Fine with me. But we've already got plenty of pavement here."

No comments: