Friday, June 22, 2007

Heading West

What an interesting day yesterday...I got a phone call yesterday morning from Ashley(my dad) from LBUSD. They are short an Aide at one of the school, and if I was wanting to work. Yes I want to work, I love that job, but I have things going on here in Flagstaff. It is more money, about an eight hundred dollar difference, but that's not why I would go. It gives me another year out in the sun and chance at winning rookies' kickball for the third year in a row. But I still had to wait for the "ok" from Jodi, which I didn't get until about an hour ago. So I'm leaving Flagstaff once again for five weeks, in the middle of my summer. But I love job, and how I make a difference in those kids, even the one's I wish I didn't have to deal with. So I get to pack, everything basically! Including Windex(my puppy), all her stuff (food), and put another 500 miles on my truck. At least when I get home I can change the oil, and put in the good stuff (AMSOIL).

Also, AJ, a boy I used to date, helped me out with not only the decision to go home, but with my Airline situation. I was going to go to Portland with Gabe July16th through the 23rd, so I bought my tickets, Gabe didn't. So I have these tickets for Portland, and still want to go, but can't now. AJ called them and for fifty buck I can change them or get them creditted towards another flight in the future. I still have to call them today. Kinda funny how I'm a chicken to do some of these simple tasks. So where am I going with them? I said Mexico, but I doubt that's gonna happen, but maybe a short trip to somewhere in the near future.


I'm so excited to be going home, and after talking to my mom and sister, it sounds like it's not gonna be that bad being home. I mean, I get to play paintball with my brothers, go to my awesome church every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday; work with great people, and hang out with the few friends that I have back home.

No comments: