Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's Only Been Four Days!

Early Monday morning my sister Rhonda sent myself and my other siblings a picture text, which at first I was mad about cause it cost me a whole dollar. But it was of her new ring, yes ring. She and Brian have been dating for the past nine months, and the last time I was home I said that they were gonna get engaged soon. I even asked him: "are you sure you want to be a party of this family?" I didn't expect him to just answer with yes. We are a great family to become a part of, mostly because of the love my Grandparents showed us growing up. Not just to each other, but to those around us. So she insisted on flashing her ring to me, which I found a little rude, but realized she was just excited. Which I know when I get something to put on that finger, I'm gonna be excited too. Though I would take a piece of string, I don't really care for flashy things...

Returning to my reason of posting this information...So it's been four days since Brian put that ring on her finger. FOUR! And she's going bonkers on the wedding sites and all kinds of crap. How soon is she planning to get married? I know not next week, cause that's not the way my family does it. Growing up, she showed me that she had a little journal of ideas and things she wants done at her wedding, and even then I though she was being too crazy about it. Don't get me wrong, planning takes a long time(and lots of money), but it's only been FOUR DAYS! I'm happy for my sister and my parents, though I'll have to see my Dad cry again, and I'm not jealous in anyway or ever will be.

I'm the last of the girls and number six of the seven, so I have no real rush to get married, though it might happen in the next five years. I do admit that I've looked at things for that day, but haven't planned it out like my sister has. Every girl dreams of her wedding day...except me. I really don't care how it goes, as long as he(my groom) is there and says "i do." Like I tell people, I want a Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am wedding. It's cheaper and my family is huge already with just 40+ in my immediate family. Then there is at least another 150-200 guests for just my side...the Groom's side of the church is gonna be over powered by my side as well. And big weddings are a hassle at times, just something short and quick is the way for me.

No comments: