Monday, July 2, 2007

Just as I was leaving...

I had a bit of time before leaving for work, so I thought I would sit here and ramble my thoughts a bit...

I'm going on week two of the five that involve this LBUSD: Underwater Adventure, and I'm starting to feel burned out I guess. I mean, I love the job and being with the kids, but this year, they are just crazy, and the people I'm working with are not that experienced. Collin and I are the two Aides, though Katherine is an ROP Aide. She just hangs out with one group of kids, which one of the older ones, she goes to school with. But we have like 50 kids everyday, which isn't much, but I'm considering her as one of them. Then there is my two leaders, Brenda and Amy. They too aren't that experienced, but Mann is Amy's school during the school year, so that's a big plus. But then again, this is Amy's second year with Summer Rec and she told us she's only going on two field trips...TWO! So far, Collin and I have been on all of them. Yes we've only had two, but we are going to one today we weren't even desiring to go on, and we're told to bring ten bucks for the trip. Why am I gonna pay for a field trip that I didn't want to go on? I should have turned my stuff in early, and then I would be with Urias and Linda at Monroe.

I had yet another busy weekend. Saturday I went to the LA Zoo with the Luster's (Charlie, Retah, Bo, Samuel and James) and Brian (Rhonda's Future Husband). I couldn't believe how hot it was there. I basically poured my water bottle all over myself just to keep cool. Yea a lot of people stared at me while I did it, but not like I was wearing a light colored shirt. Come on, I went to the Zoo wearing my black "i love bo duke'' shirt, which wasn't that smart, but I wanted to show Charlie. It was fun hanging out with my nephews and talking with my sister. I think next weekend I'll go stay with them, if things go accordingly. Samuel kept asking, "you come to my house?" He's almost three, and hard to tell him 'no' when it comes to things like that, but at least he understands when you say it.

Rhonda and Brian I guess picked a date, but I'm not so sure I have the right to blast it over the internet. My mom is kinda worried about it conflicting with my current plans for Spring Break. I think break is actually the week before, but I could be wrong. And my current plans are still in the making, since Gabe and I just talked about it two weeks ago. And March is like more than six months away...wow I'll be almost done by then.

I was talking to someone the other night, and they made me think about something. They were discussing how they had this plan, seven year plan, from when they were in high school. What they needed to complete both educationally and socially within these seven years to be able to have the things he wanted when it came to the end of those seven years. But he's realizing that he has to back track and start over, completely over, and some of those things aren't gonna be there now. "the mrs. won't get to see the house i spent 16 years of my life in.'' Made me think of my own life...how people are gone and some are on the verge of leaving me. How silly things from my childhood won't be shared with the person I settle down with. But those are just things, and yes they will be missed, but they will still be shared, just not to the same degree. I often think about how my Grandma might not be there to put her pearls around my neck on my wedding day or have her cake topper on the second tier of my cake...

I've been writing in my journal a lot lately, more than usual. Why do I keep a journal? I like to write, and can express more when I do write. Plus I've been keeping some type of journal since elementary school, which is kinda weird, but I did it. Also, I like to look back, and see who I was back then, if anything changed that is. Kinda like re-evaluating my life, or time traveling. But my past is my past, and I'm looking onward to the future, where ever God takes me...or a boy. HA!

No comments: