Thursday, July 5, 2007

At least it ended on a happy, joyful note

My day started off a bit bitter, probably cause I really wished I had the day after the forth off as well. It kinda screwed me up, along with everyone else it seemed. But I go to work, I'm trying to be productive and cheery for the parents and my co-workers, but then it happens. "Hey, You know your favorite field trip," Brenda practically yells at me from two feet away, with a sarcastic smile. I knew what exactly she was talking about, and I had already stated I didn't want to go about two weeks prior. My response..."the fishing derby?" That's right, we take 20+ kids a half mile over a hill to a park that only gets stocked in the fall, and for what? So they can sit in the hot sun, while almost or successfully hooking themselves or other, or some how be tangled in anything and everything. I hate it! Not because it's fishing, I love fishing. But the walk is horrible for the kids, and the day is not something enjoyed by most. I began to argue the same points I did before, and actually admitted to telling my kids not to go, and how horrible it is. "don't say that, it doesn't suck!" states Brenda.

I'm really sick of her and Amy(my other leader). They just are yellers, about anything. We could be in the classroom, and they think they have the yell! I know I'm tired of it, and pretty sure Collin is on the verge of feeling the same way. It really makes me wish I didn't come back to do this job. I really want to see if I can do evaluations, I haven't had one in the last five years, but I really think they need one, and it won't hurt for me to see where I'm currently standing. I like critiques, and if there is something I can change, I need to know about it some how.

But I finally was able to come home! Which to me, it's not really home anymore. Like I told Katie tonight at Bible Study, I don't see anyone at home, just my parents. Being home kinda helps with my day of chaos, but still I have another three weeks of it (thank God). Bible Study also helped quite a bit. I love how stirred my Spirit gets and the joy I feel with every discussion, but hated how tired I was by nine. I finally found a good church, but can't really be active in it. I hope to find one back in Flagstaff, and where ever else God takes me.

After church, I run home, and literally run into the house(had to pee). But once returning to my truck, since my Dad was concerned with my park job, I bump into someone I haven't talked to in 6 years. Briana, who I have known since we were four, and we're best friends until eighth grade. She and her mom were walking the dog, and called me out. We did a little catching up, along with me being in such shock of how big she is. She's two days late with her pregnancy, and she's a tiny girl. It felt good to talk to her and her mom, and made me think of when we were little. But I'll go visit again soon, especially if the baby will be here soon.

And then a phone call...a good one; actually a great one. I'm definitely really happy right now.

But a last, it's midnight, and I have work tomorrow...Please pray for me, and my patience.

No comments: