Monday, July 16, 2007

Chicken Noodle

Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise -- then you will discover the fullness of your life
-Brother David Steindl-Rast


Well, she popped! Briana finally had her baby, and I haven't seen him yet. She and I were best friends since we were four, and all the way through middle school. We found different crowds to be apart of I guess, but still talked to one another when given the chance. I mean, she's still eight houses down from mine...So Kas finally came out, and I'm sure she's enjoying every second of it. She waited long enough. I saw the flag late last night, and haven't had time to stop by. Plus, I'm sure she needs her rest.

Today is a good day, minus a few upsets, but coming home and finding out that my Mom is making one of my favorite meals...CHICKEN NOODLE. Yes I'm simple, but this is so good! Nothing can compete with it, and it's just chicken and noodles. I would eat this on a hot day and still enjoy it just as much. Things like that make me feel better about being home, and miss it while I'm gone.

I guess with Rhonda's planning a wedding in 9 months I've been paying more attention to things in my life concerning marriage. Gabe once told me that I shouldn't look too deep about every relationship, just enjoy it. I'm twenty-three, so I'm still young, but I'm at that point( and have been for some time), that I'm gonna evaluate the person on life term qualities. It's subconsciously done for the most part, and expressed to my closest friends. Like my last so called boyfriend, I knew we weren't gonna get married, but was doing my best to enjoy the attraction we had together, which he seemed to lack when it came to me. I also catch myself looking at how they handle situations and themselves, and ask if that's what I would do. It's a lot of things that I don't need to worry about at this moment, but they have been on my mind.

I currently have a lot happening within the next two weeks. Along with work, I have family events(
YES! PAINTBALL ON SATURDAY! Anyone interested?), friends to catch up with and say goodbye, and the never ending decisions. But I also have more personal things going on, or more like not going on...

I need a change, and working on it in anyway possible. No John, it's not a sex change, I like being a lady and wouldn't make an attractive man. Just plain and simple things that I really have been wanting to do with myself, but haven't really gotten into. I grew up pretty much a tom boy six days out of the week, and a girl on Sundays. So most people would think I'm just a t-shirt and jeans girl, since that's what most people see me in, but I really would prefer the other. I love heels and girly clothes, but jeans and tees are so much cheaper, but that can't be an excuse anymore. The simple, boyish Raylene needs to be retired. I think it will help me work on my behaviors...being less of a thirteen year old, and more like a young lady. That's what I want. I'll still have my fun, there's not doubt in that. But I'll just look even better doing it. So don't be too shocked if I start wearing skirts to work, it's not that serious.

A Golfer's Deal With the Devil

A golfer was having a tough day and in his frustration he blurted out, "I would give anything for a birdie on this hole."

A nearby stranger walked out of the woods beside the hole and whispered, "If you give up one quarter of your sex life, I guarantee you will make this shot."The golfer said "OK." He made the shot for birdie.

A few holes later, he was having trouble on another hole. "Please, let me make this for eagle" he said.

Again, the stranger stepped up to him and said, "If you give up another quarter of your sex life, you will make eagle."

"You're on," the golfer said, and made the shot for eagle.

On the eighteenth hole, the golfer needed an eagle to win. The stranger again stepped up and said "If you give up the last half of your sex life, you will make eagle to win."

"OK," the golfer said, and made his shot for eagle, winning the round.

As he was walking back to the clubhouse, the stranger walked up beside him and said, "I think I should inform you that I am the Devil, and from now on you will have no sex life."

The golfer turned to him, smiled, and said, "Nice to meet you, my name is Father O'Malley!"

No comments: