Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just another day in the neighborhood...

My Grandma turned eighty-one today, and I still have to call her. It's kinda crazy to be reminded repeatedly how strong she is. She's currently staying at my Aunt Linda's house, which I think she's grown tired of and just wants to go home. She fell a few months ago, after a family members funeral service, and currently walking with the aid of a walker. She's a strong lady spiritually, but always has had her battles physically. My Grandma is the only person in my family to be diagnosed with Breast Cancer, had two successful heart bypass surgeries, and cirrhosis of the liver(which was due to affliction with her medication). She was told she wouldn't make it past the age of fifty. But since then she has seen all eleven grandkids graduate high school, six get their Bachelor's, and one her Masters. Been in the lives of all five great-grandkids, and soon number six. Seen three Granddaughters tie the knot, and soon Rhonda will join them.

She's a pretty amazing woman, and always will be remembered that way. She has a personal relationship with God that you rarely see. She loves Him so much, yet still has enough love to share with everyone. If you ever meet her, she's Grandma Lawson and that's it. Not Mrs. Lawson, or Virginia, just Grandma.

Work went over a bit better today, mostly because I decided to just let things happen, and not worry about them. I did vent to Collin earlier in the morning, but that was mostly because the Guys(Ash and Tony) were there.

The day just seemed to drag on, but at least our Minors (3rd, 4th, 5th graders) won kickball, so hopefully by Friday we'll know who we play at Play-Offs. I was proud of them. They weren't poor sports or rude to the other team about being whooped on. Their conduct was a lot better than that of our opponents. But the other schools were just a bunch of new people, who never worked Summer Rec, so it's expected. Not everyone is an expert like me, but that took 17 years of training.

This week is flying it seems, which brings me closer to going to the beach on the 20th, which is my favorite field trip. Mostly because I'm the only adult that goes into the water with the kids. Everyone stands at the shore looking and laughing at me. Shoot I would laugh too! But it also brings me closer to being back home. I plan on leaving for Flagstaff the Sunday after the program ends, so the 29th I'll be putting another five hundred miles on my truck. That's ok, I use Amsoil! And I'll be back with the people I've missed these past few weeks...or more.

JOKE OF THE DAY!

A man goes to see his Rabbi.

"Rabbi, something terrible is happening and I have to talk to you about it."

The Rabbi asks, "What's wrong?"

The man replied, "My wife is poisoning me."

The Rabbi, very surprised by this, asks, "How can that be?"

The man then pleads, "I'm telling you I'm certain she's poisoning me, what should I do?"The Rabbi then offers, "Tell you what. Let me talk to her, I'll see what I can find out and I'll let you know."

The next day the Rabbi calls the man and says, "Well, I spoke to your wife on the phone yesterday for over three hours. You want my advice?"

The man anxiously answers, "Yes."

"Take the poison," says the Rabbi.



No comments: