Monday, July 30, 2007

Spider Pig! Spider Pig! Does whatever a Spider Pig does...

A lot has been on my mind lately. I'm having to pack for two trips, and have to be completely ready for both by Tuesday night. Since we leave for Yosemite Wednesday morning, and once I return on Saturday, it will only be hours until I'm off again, heading back to Flagstaff. Some of the stuff I still have on my to do list are things that my parents said they will do while I'm camping...I just hope they remember or get it done. I hate feeling unprepared, but that is how it goes.

I had a blast at the fair yesterday laughing at the "weirdos," eating sourdough pizzas, and hand dipped ice cream. Oh and yelling at the sand art guy...Genesis 1:1! I think we all had a great time, minus the old man telling us how being 30 or older feels. We still only went on one ride, but those tickets are expensive! Five bucks for 10 tickets? At least I go a coupon for free bacon...those piggies should have just ran faster, now they'll be my breakfast.

I can't believe school starts in just over a month. Where did all my summer time go? At least I get to have a bit of vacation, and travel a bit, but was no where near what I thought I would spend it. Portland fell through, last minute job offer, last minute camping trip, and returning to Flagstaff and start working for good ol' Jim. Whatever, I have already been making plans for this year and the semester to come. So many things that me and Janice are planning (Josh Turner in September), New Orleans in the Spring, along with Spring Break in Hawaii. Yes, I'm gonna stick to my studying/prints, but a year from December, I'll be done completely with school. So I'm gonna have some memorable moments to reminisce when there's silver in my hair.

Now I'm off to spend my evening with some awesome people(including my brothers)...

A Prayer for Dinner Parties

A woman invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to her six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?"

"I wouldn't know what to say," she replied.

"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the mother said.

The child bowed her head and said, "Dear Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

No comments: