Saturday, July 21, 2007

They're just Boo Boos

To God, our journey is as important as our destinations.
- Beth Moore

Paintball was so fun! Only four bruises this time, and right now they are about the size of old fifty cent pieces. Just the battle scars of Victory! I don't think I lost one round of all the games we played, even when we did the old vs. the young. There were only six of us (David, Charlie, Brian, Paul, Kyle and myself), and being the only girl, I wasn't willing to do battle of the sexes this time. I accidentally repeatedly shot my brother, even though he was already signaling he was out. There were a lot of bushes, and I couldn't see his gun in the air. I just saw the marks I left on his stomach...But over all it was a good day. Not too hot, just enough paint and time, and me not getting another concussion.

After that it was head back to Casa de Luster, shower and eat lunch. It was nice to just hang out, laugh and play video games, and of course harass my nephews. James I walking now, Samuel tells everyone how mean Uncle Paul is(since Paul steals his blanket at every available chance), and Bo is still wild and crazy. We didn't leave Victorville until 9:30pm, and just got home not too long ago. It was a nice way to spend my last weekend home. Made me realize how lucky and blessed I am.

It's my bed time, or was about an hour ago. Church in the morning, some running around in the afternoon, and then evening service at 6:00pm. Busy as usual...

There were two evil brothers. They were rich and used their money to keep their ways from the public eye. They even attended the same church and looked to be perfect Christians.

Then, their pastor retired and a new one was hired. Not only could he see right through the brothers' deception, but he also spoke well and true, and the church started to swell in numbers.

A fundraising campaign was started to build a new assembly.

All of a sudden, one of the brothers died. The remaining brother sought out the new pastor the day before the funeral and handed him a check for the amount needed to finish paying for the new building.

"I have only one condition," he said. "At his funeral, you must say my brother was a saint."

The pastor gave his word and deposited the check.

The next day at the funeral, the pastor did not hold back. "He was an evil man," he said. "He cheated on his wife and abused his family." After going on in this vein for a small time, he concluded with, "But, compared to his brother, he was a saint."

No comments: