Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So much for that...

That's what I get for being honest I guess...but I did nothing wrong. Whatever, if that's how they're gonna act, that's on them.

After being at work a total of 30 minutes, both Collin and I get called into a meeting with our leaders. "so what's the problem?" is the basic question to come out of Amy's mouth. So I laid it out, and I got the reaction I was expecting, but only from Amy. Brenda said like one sentence, only because I directed an issue towards her. We were basically told that we were suppose to be outside since we do the sports, which is just an excuse, not a reason. We all agreed there was no communication between the leaders and the aides, and hopefully with today's meeting, that will change. I'm glad we finally were able to discuss these things, and so is Collin.

My Major(6th-8th) Basketball team, which consisted of mostly Minors(3rd-5th), came out with a win and loss. The first game was too easy, so when the other team showed up...Let's just say my boys got a rude awakening. There was a lot of slappin' and foul play by the other team, yet my boys(for the most part) were able to keep a cool head. I'm proud of them for that.

A parent came up to me today and asked me if I teach during the school year. I've worked with his son the year before, and now his daughter. We talked about about how I only do this during the summer, and that I grew up in the program..."so next week is the last week?" I wish! I corrected him, and also informed him of the program starting the week after we end, he didn't seem interested when I told him Collin and I would not be work that. "oh, well they need a rest before school starts." It amazes me at times how much parents depend and trust me with their kids. Think about, from 8am-4pm I have 40 kids, forty little minds and bodies that parents have placed in my care and that of the staff. I just hope I can do the same when it comes to my kids...

A well-worn one dollar bill and a similarly distressed twenty dollar bill arrived at a Federal Reserve Bank to be retired. As they moved along the conveyor belt to be burned, they struck up a conversation.

The twenty dollar bill reminisced about its travels all over the county. "I've had a pretty good life," the twenty proclaimed. "Why I've been to Las Vegas and Atlantic City, the finest restaurants in New York, performances on Broadway, and even a cruise to the Caribbean.""Wow!" said the one dollar bill. "You've really had an exciting life!"

"So tell me," says the twenty, "where have you been throughout your lifetime?"

The one dollar bill replies, "Oh, I've been to the Methodist Church, the Baptist Church, the Lutheran Church ..."

The twenty dollar bill interrupts, "What's a church?"

No comments: