Friday, July 6, 2007

Almost done...three solid weeks to go

The end of another week of Summer Recreation, and I really wished it was week five. There is many times that I tell the kids that I'm gonna quit. But I would never quit, it's not the type of person I am, but it sure is tempting. None of the kids want me to, and Collin as already told me how much he hates me for not being there next Monday. "why is he saying he hates you? Because he is being left with them." as I point back towards the leaders. I mean, they were freakin' assuming that this fifth graders were making out by the lunch benches. Why would they even think that. Yea there was one girl with a group of five boys, but they all grew up together. They can't hang out cause one of their friends gets boobs? I hate the fact that Collin and I have to go behind their backs (Amy and Brenda's) just to keep some kids out of trouble. They are trying to find anyway to put blame on them, and already assume the worst before anything is even mentioned.

Which leads me to another annoyance: I know almost all of the kids names, which we have 108 currently registered for our site, yet my leaders bearly know any and still can't remember mine. It's Raylene, not Raylynn. You can call me Ray, I answer, but really don't like the name Raylynn. I even wrote it on the board, in five inch letters: R-a-y-l-e-n-e. How hard is it to read someone's name and realize that the "e" on the end make the vowel before say it's name. The third day, I tried to make it not seem serious and play off as something to laugh at. "I think it's funny that you call my Raylynn." They didn't even realize, though I told them my name correctly when I first met them, that it was pronounced that way. I think come Tuesday, I'm going to wear a name tag that has my name spelled phonically. Don't you think that would help?

No comments: