Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm the Top Hat

So I was told yesterday, by someone who will remain nameless for the time being, that my blogs are too long. Eh, it's not gonna change anything. HA!

Work is finally over, and ended very well. We had a crap load of food (including watermelon) and even a pinata, that ended up just falling off it's string. But it was still fun for a last day at work. Then it was clean up, which was nothing but put three things in to Amy's ball shed, and then off to lunch and happy hour with the rest of the district. I enjoy that day just as much as I enjoy going to church, even though it's the evil side of things. But I love laughing at drunk Ms. Cook and hearing all the stories from summers past.

This week has been full of joy, but also frustrations. Friend getting out of the Navy and returning home from Japan, new jobs for those in the Northwest, and the camping trip that awaits many of the CC members; but I'm just seem to be negative about things. Frustrated with communication between people, including technical issues. I'm starting to get tired of a lot of this that I'm currently involved in.

I found myself Thursday night before Bible study crying. Not because of sadness, but just was in deep prayer with God. I've realized that I need to stop doing what I want without His counseling. It's not what I want, but what He wants for me. But I'm pushing too hard to try to find out what that is, and losing patience with the whole situation. I've waited so long for what may become, but I'm at that point that I just need a "yes or no" answer.

I love the game Monopoly, though I'm not that great at it. I think it's just the time I get to spend with those(mostly my family) being involved with it. We would play for hours, even run out of 500 dollar bills, and have to make 1000s just to continue the game. Most of the time I would be the one having to pay my debt with my mortgaged properties, or be Ms. Penniless. But I can never remember a time that no one wanted to play. Even myself, usually the first loser( but I was still first), wouldn't turn it down. But I see an opportunity to enjoy a fun and exciting time, but can't even open the box. Since time is limited, but it always is. If we were to live life knowing what was ahead, God would have made it that way. Yes, there are things my life that I know are going to happen, but that's closely knit with my faith in the return of Christ. Will I see that day, don't know, but I know it's coming and where I will be when it does. What about the now? The people in my life, the situations that I've come to, and haven't moved very far in any direction. The box just sits there, gathering dust because it's not logical to start a game when there will be interruptions. I understand that it seems silly to get everything ready, only to have one or more of the players leave before the first player rolls, but you want to play right? What will it take to convince them to stay, or even convince the others to just wait for them when it's your turn? Why not just see how far you can get before someone has to rush away? I just want to play...

Well I'm at the beach all day today, by choice. Rhonda and Brian's engagement bonfire party is gonna be there, so Noelle and I are just gonna be beach bums for the day. I hope we don't get all toasted, even though I wouldn't mind a little color on what's been hidden all summer. So I will be there until late, enjoying my family, friends, and people I've never met!

No comments: