Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just Thirty-Eight more hours of work!

Are you humbly grateful? Or grumbly hateful?
- Pastor Roland Smith

What a Sunday! I get up, knowing that Paul is gonna bike to work, thus Sam and I should drive together to save money. So I wait, and wait...still waiting. I go to check on him, and he's getting dressed. I go back out to my truck, and when he finally comes out, he informs me that he has to go to work after church(implying, I want to drive myself), which is fine, but he should have told me that when I first talked to him. But that's small potatoes, or more like just the eyes. But he did give me a package of orange slices! So I guess I can forgive him...


So go to Sunday School, which was PACKED! I think everyone but Nikki was there(she's in Australia). All the seats were taken, and I only got half a cup of coffee. We studied 2nd Chronicles with Don and discussed how with every decision we should ask God for guidance. Something I've been trying to do a lot, and with everyday things. He's the only one that knows the answer to anything and everything, He did create all this! I'm working on my walk, but I'm realizing that I only need to walk with him, and not depend so much on those around me.

And yes, I've changed my mind again. Call me Flip-Flop Kerry if you like, but I'm going camping with Church. So I'll be in California for another week, which is good. I still have a lot of things I want to do before I leave, and now I have an extra four days to due so. Hannah and Stevie are the ones that helped me decide, though Stevie is not going due to her Boyfriend(LAME)! I'm so excited, but realize that I'm gonna have to go buy a lot of stuff, since I'm lacking in some areas of clothing/equipment. But Hannah and I are gonna have a BLAST, even though the swim suit rule is stupid! One piece suits only? Might as well tell use to wear wet suits or the ones from the thirties. I'm not gonna go waste money on something I won't use, for sake of modesty.

Last week of work, and I'm relieved! No more AMY! I just let her do her thing, and just do mine. Everything will get done some how, so no need to stress. But at least tomorrow I get to go see Evan Almighty, Tuesday is the pool, Wednesday is the talent show(boo), Thursday Water day!, and half day on Friday...then off to Happy Hour with the whole District! Countin' Down...

Hymn #365

A Southern Baptist minister was completing a temperance sermon.

With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

Sermon complete, he then sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, Shall We Gather at the River."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.