Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jobless...for 3 hours

I MADE IT! I got into Long Beach at about 5pm on Sunday, just in time to pick up and leave for Service. It wasn't that bad of a drive, just had to stop once to rest in Kingman, but it was smooth sailings the whole trip. Windex did her usually sleep until we get there; while I did my usually rock out in the car while eat thing. I'm glad I'm home, and made the stops in between to see my family, including the one at Church.

Monday I was so excited to be working, that I was even a half an hour early to my so called "meeting" with Jodi, my supervisor. The only thing is that she didn't show, and her secretary had me fill something out and said that's all Jodi needed. That's all? What about my assignment? So I call my Dads, Ashley and Tony, in which Jodi was there with them. She basically told me that I was going to be put on a sub list, and didn't have a school site for me to work at. I was ready to head back to Flagstaff that second I got off the phone with her. Tony was embarrassed and mad as well. Jodi is not fit for her position in my opinion, especially with how the program has been sliding down hill for the past 10 years she's been in that position.

So I go about my day, and visit the school sites close to my house that Linda and Urias are working. For the past three years I've worked with them at various sites, and was sad that I wasn't going to be with them. They too were upset about the ordeal, and even made the suggestion of getting me to sub that day.

I later left for home, and remembered that the school across from my house had a program, and Margret(my first leader growing up), was there again. So I go and socialize with her and my Bubba(her son who grew up with me and my family). Then I notice I haven't been paying attention to my cell phone. I had multiple missed calls from Jodi and my Dads. Basically there was a position available at Horace Mann Elementary School, which is pretty far from my house. So I take it without even thinking about how far it is, or caring who it is I'm working with. Which I'm lucky! I have a very good group, minus some thing that could use some work, but it's five weeks, and I'm not so sure it's wroth stressing about.

Plus, there is only about 40 kids max there, which is crazy! I've never had such a small group in my life! But I almost know all the kids names, and it's only been two days. I know, I know, I'm kick ass. These kids are awesome though. Always looking to do something, even outside. I'm hoping to get to Coach the Rookies again for Kickball...Have to defend my title ya know?

I'm still adjusting to the weather but mostly the altitude. I must have crashed for five hours today after work. I not sure why it's such a big deal to me, but every time I come home, I have to spend a day or so sleeping. I"m just weird I guess....

So far being home is ok. I mean, I haven't been home long enough for there to be any stress really. But I did get to go out last night and hang with some friends. I'm just hoping it kinda stays that way, busy and fun.

It's late, I have work at eight...hahaha that rhymes! Ok, lame. Now for the joke of the day!


A Christian, a Muslim and a Buddhist die and arrive at the Gate of Heaven. An angel (or deva) stops them and asks, "Why do you come here? Can you tell me the reasons why you are allowed to enter Heaven?"

The Christian replies, "My ancestors disobeyed God, and I sinned all my life: I killed, I lied, I cheated my wife and I was greedy. However, Jesus died for me and all my sins are forgiven. So I deserve to enter Heaven."

"OK," replies the Angel. "Sounds good, but I must give you an entrance examination before you can enter." The Christian promptly agrees and the Angel asks him: "How do you spell God?" It is an easy question, and the Christian passes through the Gate.

Next came the Muslim, who says, "I did not do any especially good or evil things during my life but I was very devout. I prayed to God five times a day. So, I too should enter Heaven." The Angel replies, "It sounds OK to me, but I have to give you a test also. How do you spell Allah?" The Muslim passes the test and enters Heaven.

Finally, it is the Buddhist's turn. He tells the Angel, "I've done all the good things in my life and I followed Buddha's five precepts: I never killed, I donated to charities, I meditated every day, and I never cheated my boss nor my customers." The Angel replies, "That is very good, but there are no exceptions. You must pass the entrance test also in order to get in." Thinking that the test should be simple, the Buddhist happily agrees.

The Angel then asks him: "How do you spell Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva?"

No comments: