Thursday, February 7, 2008

I still haven't slowed down, and it doesn't look like I can put on the breaks anytime soon. I've spent another 8 hour day in the shop, and got nothing to show for my hard work. Especially after Bridgett called us together to have the "shame" talk. I honestly have no excuses as to why I have nothing to show for my Advance Class, but my color... that crap is hard. Plus, the weather wasn't too great this past weekend, but I did get a Snow Day on Monday. I should be able to print another color Saturday, and hopefully another on Monday. I need to plan my days better, but it's hard when I spend every bit of day light at school, regardless if it's class or work.

I went to church this past Sunday, and actually made it to Sunday School... They need change, not that they aren't fellowshipping with each one another, I mean we are going over how to witness and share with the lost, but they are stuck. They want to grow, but I really don't see how they can when the majority of the members are my parents age or older. They lack Youth, children/nursery workers(it's one lady that is doing it, and she is about to pop), and they don't have a CC class. I like this church, don't get me wrong, but I don't want them to die off either. I should be praying about this more, but it hard to slow down and focus. I've been thinking about moving my letter, and trying to get involved. Awana is held on Thursdays, and with the way school is going, I doubt I can get involved with that, but even their Bulletin is so out dated and needs improvements... I just don't want to step on toes, but I want to see more people coming to worship and sharing Christ.

Other things I've been thinking about... Something that's been coming up a lot with me is a pull towards missionary work. I'm not even sure why, but it's something that excites me, even though I know I'm not a strong witness for God.

Also, about grad school. I've been looking, and seem to prefer the schools more East of the Mississippi, mostly for the Facilities. Pretty weak huh? UNC Greensboro sent me a packet and they will actually give me a discount on my tuition, and let me pay in-state, which is cool, but I want that internship. But I've also been thinking about waiting to apply for the Fall 2009 semester. I mean, I'll be doing my show next Fall, and Grad Deadlines for the Spring 09 semester are as early as September. So as I'm working to get my show up, which includes slides and crap, I'll have to have a portfolio done in time to send it to at least 10 programs? I think I'll just wait and develop my pieces... I'll have my best Undergrad at that point.

No comments: