Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Hate Money

I think mostly because I have re-done my budget to adjust to the loss of roommates at the end of this month and having to split the whole housing cost with just Jason, gives me no money to use towards anything "fun" for myself. I guess this just shows I need to sell my stuff for real this time, I mean my art. I have mostly prints, duh, but I have some jewelry stuff too, I guess I thought I could go back to it. Who knows, maybe I will. But pricing has always been my hiccup. I know how much time I put into every piece I have done, some more than others and it shows. I was told, about my show pieces, how much is the complete edition worth and then divide by how many are in the edition, but when I do that they come out too expensive, or so my friends say. But like me, they are also struggling. My mind keeps going to the desire to have my own shop with endless possiblities of producing work, but it has to start somewhere, right? My dreams of building my screen press will have to wait until I get a little more in my pocket, so a single table/board with hinges press will have to get me by for now. I just hope it doesn't break the bank. Ink is going to be the expensive part, mostly because I already have paper.

So my hopes of going home at the end of this month have been flushed. I need truck tires, plane tickets went up, and I don't have enough leave time to stay like I wanted. March may be better, but that depends on if we end up moving then or not. My cousin is getting married at the end of March and my nephews first birthday is near the beginning of March. My truck tires will be less than a plan ticket home, and I can't wait any longer to get them, they are practically bald. I'm glad I only need two and I'm getting at least 10% off of them because of some Sears promo and Jason's employee discount.

Hopefully by next week I'll have my taxes done. What I get back is already allocated to the move, which sucks, but I'm glad to have it.

Well my phone battery is almost dead...

No comments: