Thursday, February 4, 2010

Starting All Over Again

Yesterday I decide that I need to get back on track. Not just with my studying of God's Word, which I have posted a note next to my alarm clock to remind me to read my bible at least for 15 mintues Everyday, but with my fitness. I've been putting off the gym for over three months it seems. At first it was because I was working 70+ hours a week between two jobs, so I didn't have time to go. And as of December I just made excuses. So far in 2010, I have gone once. Stupid I know, cause I've basically thrown money away for the last three months. Well, starting tonight after work, I am going to the gym before home. It's on the way anyway. But I've been waking up at 5:30 every morning, which is making me think I should maybe go then and shower at the gym. We will see how this week goes.

I'm also counting calories again. I know I'm not fat, but I am overweight. About 25 lbs according to the BMI for my height and weight, which even when I was athletic in high school, I weighed only ten pounds less than I do now. Yeah yeah, I probably has more dense muscle then to make me heavier, but the BMI seems unhealthy. I'm hoping I can get healthy enough to start running again, then calorie counting shouldn't matter, or at least it didn't when I was running 50+ miles a week.

I also have realized I need to make plans/goals, realistic ones. I'm still going to shoot for the Long Beach Half Marathon in October, regardless of where I will be living. But I need to make some smaller ones leading up to that one. I know that maybe some 5K, 10k races should be included leading up to October.

Jason just called me. We are going to go see "that one guy" Saturday night. "Don't say I don't take you anywhere." Actually, we rarely go anywhere because of money and stressful work days. Crap! That cuts into my workout! I'll figure it out, I guess.

No comments: