Saturday, February 13, 2010

Realizations

Last night, Jason and I went with our Sunday School class to celebrate Chinese New Year. Apparently, it's something they do every year, or at least they did it last year. Most of them go to the resturant we ate at quite frequently. They even asked for a certian server who verified my thoughts of members of the class being regulars. It was fun. I laughed a lot, mostly because of Jason and our friend Matt were being really silly. It didn't help that I was sitting between them. Also, I realize I laugh more in unfamiliar situations and unknowns. I'm very shy and to myself, espeically in large, new groups. This is the first time we have gone out with the Bridges class. We went to Viva Chocolata fir desert, everyone tried to get me to sit down. Today I realize I would rather stand, for an easy exit from situations. Again, this is just in new situations or with new people.

Jason and I have been attending this church and class for a few months now and I realize that though they are a friendly group, none have really ventured to get to know Jason and I until recently. I mean, we haven't gone to after church lunch ever cause of Jason's football plans or errands we had planned to do, so it's not entirely them. Sort of the same thing happened in Flagstaff. Jason's last visit to Greenlaw, there where people I never ever talked to who were suddenly interested in my life to the extreme.

Many of them have stated to us, the Bridge class, that they hope we don't move. It would be nice to stay, but things are just getting worse financially. If money wasn't the big factor in our situation, it could have worked. Jason even brought up the fact that he applied to many pizza places to be a delivery guy, and none have called him back at all. "I'm over quialified to deliver pizzas."

I'm hoping that I can work out my budget so that it doesn't drive me insane.

No comments: