Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still in Limbo

But at least we go half an answer. Jason and I asked out landlords about three weeks ago if there was anyway they could let us out of the lease as early as the end of March, since things have been a constant struggle since we moved out here. Sunday night we got a half answer, but at least it's somthing. They are going to re-list the house for rent with a April 1st availability, but until it's filled we are still responsable for the rent. We can afford maybe two months just he and I spliting the whole cost, which leaves little to no room for saving to move. Plus, there is no definite date as to when we will leave, so we can't book the needed truck and plane tickets for propective people to help us drive three vehicles. Also, we are wondering if we should just continue to live there and find a roommate for the remaining months, even though God constantly is showing us that we both need to go back West. More to pray about and let God just handle the details.

I still am unsure of as to where I'm going. Jason and I have talked a few times about it, always briefly. If I move to California, he's not sure how it would work cause we both need to knock our debt and student loans down, so spending 300 extra a month to visit each other seems pretty impossible. He sort of upset me last night cause I was reading an article from NAU about how Spike Lee came and spoke there last week, and I was talking about it, cause it was kind of negative towards my previous job there. "You just can't let that job go, can you?" Yes, I really enjoyed that job and the people I worked with, but I wouldn't move back there to work at SUN my whole life, and I couldn't anyway. It's a student position, so I would have to pay for a class to go back. I am not sure I can explain my love for Flagstaff really. I guess it's like the feeling I always had when I spent tine with my Grandpa and Grandma Lawson. There was always an adventure and exciting things where ever we went, even if it was just to their house, which really just felt like an extention of Home. I have family there, though they are blood, but in His blood we are. Just took me four years to find them, mostly my fault and procrastination.

Jason doesn't want to move back to PHX, so hopefully it's just for a short time. He's looking in Flagstaff as well, but may already have a job waiting for him in PHX doing construction again. I've been looking in Flagstaff, PHX, the LA area and Orange county. Mostly trying to find something with Printmaking/Art, but I should maybe look into Event Production and office stuff. There was a company I worked with for a concert that is based in PHX that told me to look them up if I was there. But the head guy was a big jerk, and his crew treated us like idiots. Hopefully the job search will show what's next.

I was trying to plan a mini vacation home in March, cause I really need a break from here, but I don't think I have enough vacation time to even come out for four days. Since I just completed my 90 days my vacation and holiday pay hasn't gone on my pay stub, but should be on the next one.

Jason and have started making a list of places to go before leaving Texas. Like places to eat in town, going to Dublin or the Dr Pepper Museum and going either to Dallas or Houston for a day or so. We haven't had a lot ove extra money to just go take mini vacations like we used to do in Arizona, so I hope we will be able to do at least some of them. I'm not so sure I'm down for the waterpark, I hate wearing a bathing suit.

No comments: