Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Ordered

Rhonda and I ventured to Huntington Beach yesterday afternoon. Selected the colors she wanted, and ordered my dress. I can't believe they are putting me in a 12...I'm not sure that's correct, since I know they measured my bust wrong...I realize that size varies on the designer and company, but a 12? Well it won't be ordered until Silence gets her measurements in, since we have essentially the same dress. But I'm glad Rhonda is happy with the colors she selected, now she just has to match the groomsmen, ushers, and fathers to the party. She's having a hard time putting someone in the purple. Paul has already shown his great joy on that subject.

So I've lucked out two days in a row for Jury Duty. I haven't served since 2004, and it looks as if I won't have to go this time. But time will tell...

My mind wonders quite a bit. Many of you have experienced my "ADD" at least once during a conversation, but is it a bad thing? In church yes. I find myself often asking God just to help me focus, and not wonder on what I have to do or on things that shouldn't be in my head at that moment anyway. Yet I still allow myself to drift off. Don't get me wrong, I love worship, and Pastor is a good Preacher, but my mind is never at a relaxed state. Yet during my printing, I'm focused. Making sure everything is exact: Inking up plates/stones exactly the same way every time, along with other steps, so that each image is exactly the same(an edition). Usually I don't converse with others, and my mind doesn't wonder on to other things.

I'm still searching for another member of my committee. Since Bruce is no longer teaching my classes for Dave, we got a replacement. Her name is Bridgette, and she did a lot of Screen prints according to Dave...I just hope she'll be able to help me grow in the direction I need. But since she lives in Phoenix the rest of the time, she wouldn't be a good canadite for me since I need to schedule meetings. I really would like my Figure Drawing Instructor, but I know that will cause butting of heads between him and Dave...Why does this seem harder than actually developing my show?

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

Purple is Eleanor's favorite color though :)