Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One HUNDRED!

This is my hundredth post on my blog...only took six months.

Well I leave tomorrow afternoon, and I know I've been saying this for the past couple of posts. But I haven't been in California since September, and have missed out on Thanksgiving, paintball, and church. Yes, I know I could easily solve that last one, but I've been lazy when it comes to God. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do while I'm home, except spend it with family and the few friends I still have back there. Growing up is weird...

So I finished my jewelry pieces, but my buckle is missing key components. So for now it's just a trophy. But my casted ring came out without any signs of air bubbles or holes, but is now stuck on my right hand. I fits decent on my left, but let's just say I'm saving that side for a special gift from a boy...so I wanted to see if it would fit on my right, without having to sand it down more...so I did it while washing my hands, and boy does it fit! It fits so good, that I can't get it off...I highly doubt my pip joint had 1 hour to grow and extra half millimeter. So I have a nice new edition to my hand, and can't do anything about it. Except enjoy it...

Why is it so hard to find gifts for my brothers? I'm not just talking about my two biological ones, but my in-laws. I pretty much got all the girls down, just need a few items, and a mat cutter, but I'll be good. But boys...they're hard. I kinda know what they like, at least Paul, Sam, and Charlie. And my nephews are cake! Cars, Spiderman, and Star Wars...how hard is that!. But the older ones...Even my Uncles, or pretty much the men of the family...What to do?

I know Christmas isn't about the presents, I really don't need anything, or even want anything, but I love sharing with others. Showing them how much I care, and giving something I worked so hard for...I love Christmas for the family I have. The love we share and show to one another, no matter how critical we are in the presents of others(or so I'm told). We share our faith with those around us, even complete strangers that have been invited so kindly by my Grandma, welcomed by everyone to the family....and Luke 2...

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

I can't believe you are gonna be here....crazy! I may not be able to hang out with you much this first weekend, I still have 4 finals next Monday and Tuesday. I am so excited. About the gifts for men....books, cds, movies...other than that I find it impossible too. Clothes are good for some, and others hate it when you try and tell them what to wear..If you come up with a good idea, share :) See you soon!