Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Last night Jason and I met with Pastor David Campbell and another gentleman from Greenlaw Baptist. We both were nervous, especially since they were an hour late. So they get there, FINALLY! He started out asking if we were interested in working with they youth, thus I brought up my parents were the youth leaders at Long Beach, only when there was no one available to take the youth. "So you come from a Southern Baptist background?" I stole the show, talking about my families involvement when I was younger, being saved when I was 12, my struggles through my adolescents with following Him, and then being Baptized when I was 21. Finding an awesome church, Mid Cities, and growing. I even talked about the issues I see developing in my Sunday School class, even though I only went like twice while I was home. We used to be fun, and made me want to be there, but lately... They could be doing more, and they won't.

Anyway, they finally got to Jason, how he was forced to go, even forced to be baptized, and then stopped going. The hardships he experienced during the years, leading up to his feeling of hitting bottom, and turning around and seeking God. He's been doing better about church and I have, surprisingly. Then it came to Salvation. "Jason are you sure you'll be going to Heaven?" Jason was unsure, which I kinda new, and have been talking to him about it a lot lately. So Pastor pulls out a track, and we begin to read it together, and he gave his testimony and so did Ted. Jason accepted the Lord last night, and is now in the Book of Life.

They did inform us that there is no teacher as of right now for our Sunday School class, which kinda sucks, but I like the feel of Greenlaw... They just need to work on their music. They do Faith, which I might get involved with, but that's not until April. Also, Ted thought we were married, "God please bless this marriage and allow it to continue to grow." I think it's cause my ring only fits on my left hand... Oops!

No comments: