Monday, January 28, 2008

Well I made it home and back again, just to do it again in another few weeks. I thought I was just gonna be a little lame trip, minus the Bridal Shower and laughing with my Mom and Retah, but my little Brother made my weekend...

So I have these Uncles, Richard and Robert Pernell, and they are amazing. They aren't related to me in anyway, except being children of God, but they have always and will be my Uncles. Dick used to be my Father's Soccer Coach in college at Cal Baptist, and let my father live in the room above their house for a few years. They both are a Hoot, and I love them so much, but the last time I saw them was two years ago, and even that was after at least a five year MIA session. They still live in Riverside, and becoming hippies, ok they drive a Prius now. Bob was in the service, while Dick went into the Peace Core. Actually he was in the first group established for the Peace Core, down in Columbia.

So what is Riverside known for? ORANGES! California Gold, and my Uncles have about two acres of trees, some being at least forty years old. And these are the best oranges you could get anywhere, simply because they are the Navels. Navel Oranges don't have seeds, thus they have us use graphs from other trees to expand the produce or create new trees. I spent most of my Sunday afternoon picking oranges and socializing with my awesome uncles, all thanks to Sam... And yes, I brought some back with me, mostly to enjoy with my roommates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!! I told gregg I want to drive through there on the way to or from NV when we come to visit in March. Eat one of those lovely oranges for me! Love you