Friday, November 16, 2007

Already Booked...

As the semester winds down, my stress level seems to elevate. I have two weeks, just two weeks of printing left, and only three for Jewelry. My online class I have completely neglected and will have to retake it at some point, unless I get a D. But that's not what's stressing me out now.

I had court today, for my traffic accident in which I was put at fault. Jason made it seem like I was going to go before a Judge, so I put on my slacks, nice button up blouse, and heels, just to get told to call a number and register for traffic school. It took all of 20 minutes, mostly because when we got there all the windows were closed. So either I paid the $108 citation or I went to driving school for $128. I picked to school cause it will keep the accident off my record, but I have to come back up to Flagstaff on the 29th of December for a five hour class. I guess isn't too bad, cause I have a place to stay, and I could stay until after New Years and see the Pine cone drop downtown...but it's gonna be a hassle, especially if my truck still isn't fixed.

Last weekend I spent my time in Tucson, avoiding a situation, and missing on excitement and fun with those I hold close. I was suppose to go home, but with the lack of suitable wheels I stayed. But I had a great time down south. Met a man passing off ink jets as fine art prints, and trying to call himself a printmaker. He made me mad at the lack of knowledge the world has on Printmaking. I'm very proud of my field of choice, but ignorance is causing it to become extincted. He does these kinda cool images, but to me he could expand and use different techniques. He strictly uses photo emulsion or paints directly on the screen to produce his "Serigraphs." I asked him as to why he choose screen printing over other types, ie relief, which he can get the same exact FLATNESS he's getting now, and produce something more exciting. "Well I like the crisp lines that you can get with a serigraph." A Serigraph is the image you get, Serigraphy is the correct word to use. Also, if he was a true printmaker, he would have editions, not multiple images with the same title...He made me so mad after I left, and I continue to allow it to bug me. Now Jason is incorporating him into his Film for his major, though he's not a "printmaker." Which reminds me, I have to write questions for Jason to ask him...hm...

But I got to network a bit, and actually might get to show my stuff down there...But first I have to get my slides done for UND.

No comments: