Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Make it STOP!

I woke up with a migraine once again. It's been awhile since that has happened, but boy does it hurt. I can't focus really well, and the only thing I think would make it stop is if I cut my head off. I know that is a bit drastic, but rarely do I complain of injuries.

Speaking of injuries...Many of you know of my chronic knee issues. I have a lateral pataller tracking disorder in both knees. What does that mean? It means that the muscles that are suppose to help my knee cap glide across the indentation of my femur when in motion are weak and allow it to get off track. It actually causes me to dislocate in a sense. I've never had a complete dislocation, which I am in risk of doing and would need surgery to correct it. But there is also a surgery to actually keep my petalla in place...but is it worth it.

Well yesterday, as I was using the restroom, it happened. I leaned down to flush, and POP! I slammed into both sides of the stall, in an attempt to catch myself, and was somewhat successful. I've haven't had a mishap in awhile, probably not since July. I've had close calls, but caught myself before anything could happen. But this time was different. I think since I tried to catch myself, my quads went into flexion which may have pulled my petalla tight against the femur as it was in transition. Cause it has never hurt this bad before. Usually I can walk just fine after a few seconds of the insident, but not this time. Even today I'm having a hard time with even putting weight on it to walk up the stairs or to end push a door open.

I'm suppose to be doing exercises, but I hate being on the floor for hours trying to work up a burn. My last doctor told me that the best exercise is to ride a bike, plan and simple...but I don't have one anymore...I just need to exercise period. Or just get the surgery to get it fixed...

2 comments:

HyperElbow said...

That sounds painful. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Would insurance cover that kind of surgery?

I miss you....

Anonymous said...

oh man! i would send u my bike, but i think it would cost more to send it than its worth. i hope your knee gets better very soon...i had a migraine yesterday...yuck. how's the situation with ur truck? love you!

becca