Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I guess I'm at that age...

So I get pretty bored at work, especially when there is no one around, including my bosses. So I get online, look at Facebook and Myspace, and sometimes find some interesting people or those I haven't seen in years. This time, I started looking at my inbox, and deleting some cause I obviously don't talk to some of these people anymore, and there is no point in keeping emails from them, but some I still wish I had a friendship with. So I check on them, one being my buddy David from Junior English. He cracked me UP!

So I look at his pictures, cause to me that shows what they've been doing with their lives...and I come across a picture of someone I've known since kindergarten. STEVE!!! He was funny too, and I've have great memories of him from elementary school when he got kick in the face during kickback, yes Kickback. Or when we had Freshmen English and he asked if my Mom still drove a bus, which it wasn't a bus, it was a 15 passenger van. Anyway, the caption of the pic said that he got married! Holy Crap! The kid drove a beautiful blue mustang, in which I got to ride in a few times, and he was (still is) cute as heck. I never talked to him, cause he always had a girlfriend, or at least the same one. I thought I saw him this Summer as I was driving to Noelle's one day, but thought it would be a bit odd to yell his name out the window when I haven't seen him since 2004. But I'm really happy for him. And the funny thing is he married a girl I did cross country with, Loran. I'm glad they found each other...

I'll be 24 in January, almost a quarter of a century, but not quite. But I guess it's that age in which people find love. It' makes sense, most people have their undergrad done, and looking to change the world or make money off of it. So companionship is desired even more, thus rings are exchanged, knots tied, and creating new life with the help of God. I often wonder, if I had stayed in California, how my life would be? I feel a bit behind, and always have since fourth grade when I got sick. But what if I had stayed, went to Cal State Long Beach, got my degree in Athletic Training, would I be happy? Or find that one? It seems that a lot of people I have grown up with stayed close to home, and now have new families. I know God brought me to Arizona for a reason, and He's gonna take me somewhere else very soon...it's in His great plan for me. I've met pretty amazing people, and some that just suck. But the good out weighs the bad.

I'm just curious sometimes, and I know Paul that I should just focus on school, which I am. I'm on track in all my classes, well except Jewelry cause I'm lost on what to do next, but really debating on doing a belt buckle of copper or a simple band. Anyway, I guess I'm just concerned for the future, cause I'm coming quick to that fork in the road, and know where to turn, yet worried for pleasant distractions. I know that the distraction is something I want, but not sure I want it during that current path change. But it's in God's hands, and I guess theirs too, whoever they are.

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

The plan is in His hands and His alone. Unless you make the same mistakes I've made and force things in the direction you want them to go and try and tell yourself that was God's plan. I don't know exactly what advice to give you this time. Probably because I am so confused myself as to how and determine God's will for my life. But I do know you and I aren't going to find it just wandering around waiting for lightening to strike. We need to spend more time in the word, less time thinking about boys, and more time on our knees in prayer. Today I got that Holman Bible from your Mom. The thing I love about it already is that it gets me all excited to read it just to know what it will say. Like this verse that just came to mind. "Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 I just can't stop reading. Will you read it? It really puts things in perspective. If we, being evil as we are, so freely give to each other, how much more will the Father give to us good things when we ask for it. How great is that?! Let's do that!