Monday, October 15, 2007

Lower your expectations of earth. This isn't heaven, so don't expect it to be. - Max Lucado

I've stated before how I have passages sent to my email everyday, but lately I haven't been taking the time to actually read and study them. Today's was Psalm 4, which talks about putting trust in the Lord, which made me think. I do trust the Lord and know that He will always keep me safe, but yet I don't ignore those lies and worthless things on this earth. I know it's my flesh that desires these empty things, though my spirit strives for more enriching rewards.


I'm so grateful right now, at least for the fact that I have unlimited texts on my plan. I currently, though my bill period doesn't end until November 1st, have sent and received 327 messages. That's 127 more of what I normal use, until I met Melanie and a few other people. It's crazy, cause I have almost 2000 roll over minutes, yet I don't even try to call people. I'm kinda shocked right now...

Once again, I didn't attend church, though Jason and I drove into the parking lot of First Southern Flagstaff at 5pm yesterday to see when service started. But I think that since we just ate, and went back to his apartment, I allowed myself to just fall asleep. Why am I so weak? I know that I have to be submissive to Him, but I'm still being the stubborn mule...hahaha RHOADES MULE BARN! Sorry something I remember from when I was little, I'll get back on track. He has time for me, but yet I am leaning more toward the "I don't." I did read today, which is wonderful, but I didn't study really hard on it. I need to find something to hook me, like the Book of Daniel did...

I'm feeling more and more home sick...well kinda. I don't think I can categorize it as being that, but I do miss people away from this little city. I need to get away, and I thought that maybe these two weekends would be the vacations I need, but last weekend crashed and burned, and this one is still on the fence...weaving to and fro.

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

Stop making excuses and just go already. Geez, am I gonna have to come down there and make you?