Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm Freakin' Out MAN!

So I decide to ditch school completely today, even though after awhile, I realized that I missed more than a demo, which Dave didn't do cause no one has a plate ready. But I needed the break, and the attention I got. After last week, that was a great way to end it, and start this one.

So the Pink Floyd Laser Show was crazy! I mean, I wasn't trippin' on drugs, but still was kinda freakin' out. But I did enjoy myself, even more when wearing the biker beard Jason got me at Spencer's. The beard, I can't describe it more than AMAZING. Even my boss had fun with it, or at least making fun of me for wearing it. I wanted it cause Jason and I were planning on going to a beard party, didn't happen, but did go downtown with it. Janice said I looked like Santa Clause, and Jen said I looked creepy like dear Zach G. But I have to find another one if I'm gonna be "the Dude'' for Halloween. Even if I have to glue it to my face.

I love driving, and wish I could afford to drive more than I already do. I mean the windy road of the I-17 made me think of how many people just pass beautiful things, yet never take the time to really look. Made me think about my show...I know "arizona highways." But it's so cool, to see how much the scenery changes coming from Tucson all the way back to Flagstaff. It's lame that I'm actually thinking of doing Landscapes, but I'm being drawn to it very much. Or at least at this moment.

My pursuit of higher education came up again today, which I've never felt so clear about any school related thing since changing to Printmaking. Yes, it's more time and money, but to me it's worth it. Finish here at NAU, travel somewhere else and get my MFA, and find a job teaching on a collegiate level. Even when I was a Athletic Training major, I wanted to work with college athletes. And just a few years ago, I was offered a position at Cerritos if I obtained my MFA in Ceramics from Portigal, and I was willing to do that to have a job on that level. But with both of those, I wasn't as passionate about them as I am with Printmaking. Like Dave says "it's like retirement, but even better." I'm gonna start researching soon, cause I'll need to apply over the Summer and the start of next Fall. I'm more confident of my selections at this moment, but will see in the long run where God puts me.

No comments: