Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I can't do this!"

So I attempted to go to Evening Service tonight...Yes, only attempted, but made two good efforts. I know this is a big cop out, and I mean big, but I pulled into the parking lot, about 30minutes before hand and there were only 5 cars...FIVE! "I know Baptist are late, but this is crazy!" I comment to Jason a we leave in hope of a 15 minute road trip towards snow bowl and back would give us more time for people to show...NOPE! Actually, upon our return, a car had left. I understand Flagstaff is considered small in comparison to my place of birth, so small congregations are expected, but not that small. I do realize that less people go to service in the evening, since they got enough God time in the morning, which I disagree with completely. But Evening Worship is, in most cases, more relaxed and casual than Morning. And yes Melanie, I got your text, and did go, but not successfully.

Homecoming was this weekend, and I was actually regretting it. Mostly because I had a long Friday, and was hoping for big things on Saturday. Saw people I haven't seen in about two years, held a new life(which made me miss home), and wear my beard once again. I still have to find one for Halloween, come on, I can be a pretty good looking Dude Lebowski.

I'm looking forward to this week going by, cause then I'll only be a week away from being home...SWEET HOME ALABAMA!

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

I've come up with a new plan. Go to church, or I'm not going to hang out with you when you come down. I know it's mean, but I'm not gonna reward bad behavior! Trying just ain't good enough! (Love you)