Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I deserve the Nun's slap with a ruler...

But I'm not Catholic. Yet, I do feel guilty, thanks to Melanie. I'm not blaming her for my guilt, cause I'm the one that's not holding myself accountable. I seem to be making excuses. Yes, my new found reading was tragically eaten by my roommates clumsy Rottweiler, but I have access to the Internet, which allows me to read from my version and 50 others. So what did I do once I got to work today? Logged on, check emails, myspace, Facebook, and then read Revelation 12 and 21. Why 12 and 21? Mostly cause I read Mel's bulletin wrong, but both passages are very strong, and somewhat rewarding.

I love history, and I think that's why I was actually(at one point), seeking a degree in Theology. Maybe I'll go back and get it...from Liberty of course. But after reading those two chapters of Revelation, I'm eager to see the events told come to life. Like a story book wedding, that so many girls unlike me, dream of. I often wonder if I will be present during the unravellings that lead to the second coming. It's like a long awaited performance, and I can't help but get excited.

I've been doing fairly well with school and work. My hours are still minimal, but I'm not starving and penniless. My Jewelry class is cake, at least right now. My bangel is almost done, and I only worked on it yesterday. Yes, I took a few short cuts, ie using the metal cutter up in Printmaking to cut my silver and cooper, rather than sawing it out by hand. But I milled my own shame for around my stone, rather than just getting one from the teacher. Printmaking is still a challenge, but I'm coasting right through them. Trying my best to just learn the technique, and not spend weeks on my plates. It's hard, but has to be done!

Work is so crazy this semester! We are actually doing a Dome Show in November. Plus the two other concerts this month, and all out regular events. I'm not sure when I'll have a free weekend to come home, except Thanksgiving.

No comments: