Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Being lame as usual.

I feel fat. Mostly because it's hard for me to find clothes that fit me and look nice. I'm gonna blame it most on the fact that God has decided to over bless me in the chestale area. Yes, I'm in portion and don't look like a freak, but it means I have to buy larger forms of clothing. I've tried buying smaller sizes, since it's only my bust that seems to be the problem, but I end up looking like I'm wearing clothes from elementary school, or those baby tees that just barely cover one's upper torso. Even dresses are hard to find...I think I just have to get everything tailored.

Well day two of school, and I'm already bored with it. I have three studios and an online, which seems like an overload already. College art classes are always at least two and a half hours long each day, but only 3.0 credit hours. So that's five hours for each class a week, plus outside studio time. I've already finished what was needed intaglio which isn't due until next Wednesday, and Litho I just need to get my pencils. Jewelry I am waiting on my kit, which is gonna cost me 215 dollars. Oh, the price I pay to be an art student. Eh, it's worth it. As Dave put it, "Do you know how many Printers are out there in the world?" Basically telling the whole class that Printers have a better chance at getting a teaching job than any other emphasis...guess I really do need my MFA.

Home has been on my mind a lot, especially with the lack of positives in my life right now. I do complain, or at least did, about being home, but this summer it was actually amazing. To the point that I missed home before I even drove away from the house. But do I leave Flagstaff at 4pm on Thursday, and drive the 7 hours to the LBC? Yes I could stop in Victorville and see the Monkeys, but that would mean I get there just as they're going to bed. It would keep me out of the Labor Day Traffic that would be expected Friday, and I can't leave any earlier due to Lithography.

Relationships have been coming up a lot in my little social circle. I mean, what is it that makes two people want to pursue one another? And after the initial capture, it usually dies down. Why is the chase so more important than the actual reward of something that could be so wonderful? I've been on both ends of that wild hunt for romance, even just recently. But once that first kiss is pressed against my lips, if that even gets to that, I know if this relationship is worth the work, even if they think differently. To tell the truth, I like the thrill of the adventure, but prefer the relationship, if I'm truly feeling it.

Sorry just feeling random...Rev. Lovejoy

No comments: