Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Now I can breathe

Ok, it's been awhile, but at least I haven't forgotten about this little thing I've started. Life just seemed to explode causing me to have only time to sleep, and I'm not complaining.

Sunday I went to church, or at least 'Morning Service.' I tried the one closest to my current residence, which was Bethal Baptist. I invited a friend, which may or may not have been a good idea. I mean he cussed in service, and was braggin' about the non-Christian behaviors that he has adopted as his own. Anyway... I shook about 15 people hands before the service even started, talk about friendly. Even talked to both pastors, and was immediately invited to an event next Sunday after church. The sanctuary was small, almost all the seats were filled when the first hymn was sung. I didn't no a single song, thus I didn't sing. I don't usually sing in church anyway, since Dave Justice likes those higher octaves, and I simply can't sing that high. I tried inquiring of their C&C group, which was a dead end for now at least. I'm not sure of this one, if it's where He wants me to be. I mean, I read a different section of my Bible during the whole thing practically. I don't do well with jump around preachers I guess.

The stress of work is slowly building, but I'm still cool...at least until th 23rd. I'm doing the best I can, and really trying to seek all the other alternatives before having to settle with the worst. But due to the lack of excitement, I find myself wondering the empty Union or heading home early to hang with the zoo or clean the house.

I'm basically the "Mom" of the house, unfortunately...or at least Janice sees it that way. But I hate living in a dirty house! Everyone is an adult in this house, but everyday I feel like I'm the one keeping it together and livable. I know I'm not doing everything, but when I wake up and try to eat breakfast so I can leave the house and go about my day, it's hard when there are no bowls to eat my cereal, or even spoons! So I found myself, once again, unloading the dishwasher, to fill it back up with dishes, and being late to work. Work isn't a big deal right now, at least doesn't feel like a priority. But how hard is it to clean up after your "food makings" and sweep a floor? Lack of experiences I guess...

School starts in about two weeks, and I'm ready! Mentally that is. I haven't purchased any of my printmaking supplies (ie two zinc plates, sponges, etc). I also have neglected to purchase my books for my humanities course. I think the only thing I've done that could be considered for school is buying serigraphy stuff that I will rarely get a chance to use during this semester, I think...

No comments: