Thursday, August 30, 2007

Let's hope I don't burn the place down

So I caught my sister online this morning, and was kinda hoping to just chat and rant with her a bit, since we don't do enough talking to one another anyway. She asked me to be a candle lighter for her wedding...something I did back in 1998 for my sister Rachael, and I was 14 then. So being 23 I feel a bit old, maybe too old to be in that position, plus I can't wear my cool new brown one I bought. Oh well, I'll still look amazing, I'm sure of it. Plus, Brian's sister would be the other torch bearer, and she's about my age. But I'm sure I will look more like I'm 15 than 23...crap I'll be 24! For those of you that have never heard of Candle Lighters, they are two people, carrying an apparatus with a wick and flame, to light the two candles next to the Unity Candle. In some cases, there are a set of candle la bras placed strategically, on both sides of the Unity Candle, and they two are lit.

So I'm going home, I've decided, but I have yet to decide on my departure date and time. If I leave today, I will beat all the labor day traffic in California, but can't leave until after 4pm. But if I leave early, early, Friday, like 3am, I would get in at 10am and be extremely exhausted, and it's Swim Friday. Oh decisions! Just pray for Windex and I as we travel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so freakin tired right now. I hadn't read your posts in like a week, thought maybe I should since you are here...just in case you implied something about me in there! I can't go to sleep. My mind is full. I wish it were tomorrow. I mean, it is tomorrow, but I wish I just woke up, cause I totally dread trying to sleep. BTW I have a blog. mellownie.blogspot.com/ Yeah, I'm lame, I admit it. Nothing else to do while dreading sleep. Talk to you in the morning!
Melanie