Friday, August 17, 2007

Pondering...Hey Brain?

I got a new little toy! Well thanks to my sister Becca that is. A law was passed this summer(so it has a year to go in effect) back home, banning the use of cell phones while driving unless you are using a hands free device. So I was looking into getting one for myself, especially when I do long trips home, which I hope to make another one sometime soon...My sister called me on hers the end of last week, and explained to me its coolness. And thanks to her, I now have one as well, and really do like it. It's a Jabra BT160. I haven't really gotten to test it out, except on Janice, but I'm glad I at least have one now. Now I just have to figure out where on the website to be able to design my own little paper thingy that is inside.

Lately I've been getting the feeling that people think I'm intimidating and I don't understand why? Even with my friends' girlfriends, so how I'm a threat? Really, if I wanted them to be more than a friend, I think that would have happened long ago. What do I have to prove to people that I'm not interested in more than friendship? I'm getting really tired of hearing how upset my friend is because you're jealous of nothing! That's what it is, NOTHING!

I was told recently that I'm two faced, more in the sense that I have two personalities. Sunday or when my faith is involved, I'm a innocent Christian(which is an oxymoron anyway), and living life in the shadows of sin the other six days. I really don't feel like that is a good representation of myself, at least at this moment of my life. Yes, before I left Flagstaff, I was somewhat bound by my sin and no desire to really change it. But being home those six weeks I was able to see and desire the changes I'm working on. One does not change over night, and not for anyone but themselves...at least in most cases. God was pulling on me, but He wasn't the only one that showed me that lit path that I now crave. I was able to surround myself with my peers during that time I was back in the LBC, but chose those who also walk that narrow path that very few do now a days. And honestly, that's what I want here in Flagstaff, but finding it hard to do so.

School has been on my mind a lot lately, mostly about how long it's gonna take me to finish, and the cost. Do I really need my degree? Or does it really have to be my Bachelor's in Fine Arts? I just want to finish, and over a year seems too long...There are so many directions I could go right now, all with great rewards as I climb over those peaks. But which is the one He wants for me?

No comments: