Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finished at 2am...

But yet I'm not mentally tired. The "Welcome Weekend Block Party" for 2007 is officially over, and I'm still ready for more apparently. The past two years I've worked this event, we have stayed as late as 3:30am. I guess I should be thankful for the fact that we did finish as early as we did. Yes, my back is in need of some strong hands, and my knees of replacements, but I expected more. This whole event went so much smoother than before, I believe all the veterans were in disbelief. The bands were ok, I really liked the Suburban Legends, mostly cause they reminded me of Reel Big Fish. Lots of horns, and beats. Still had a few loses, and cut backs, but all was dealt in a reasonable fashion. Let's just say, I was the chill.

I really just want to be a grown up, especially lately. Be done with school, find the man to whom I will love completely and will love me completely too, and start my own family of beautiful children. I often wonder why I haven't been snagged yet. You know: Hook, line, and sinker! I'm such a catch, and I don't think people really see it. I dream so much, probably too much. Very few have seen my potential, my true worth. It's taken me awhile, to really realize that I am a prized catch, but to who? I thought God was blowing the ship's sails in their direction, but is that ship meant to be docked? It's hard to know when the Captain's life, lover, and lady is the sea, and always will be. The morning mist of the salt breeze on his face as he comes from below, the search for unknown treasures always twinkling in his eyes (unless he only has one eye), and the sound of the waves crashing against the pitch covered beams of his starboard, are all things he even just experiences when thinking of this marvelous woman. How often will he be able to tell these tales of her if he allows himself to be tied in the lonely harbor? His heart knows that there is adventure in those deep waters, but stays in shallow waters, as if letting another take his only treasure, knowing deep down inside that no other should have that bountiful fortune.

I just hope people haven't stopped thinking about me, cause it's hard for me not to think about them...

3 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

Your confusing. Worry about school right now, not husbands, or boats, or treasure, or whatever your post was about.

And even then don't worry about School, read what Jesus said in Matthew 6:25-34, and in Luke 12:22-34.


When God plans for you to get married it will happen... Don't try forcing it. Nothing good happens when you fight with God.

Think about growing with God first, everything else He has planned will make more sense and fall together.

Jourdan said...

It is hard when it comes to relationships. I mean, I constantly think what the heck am I doing? Am I wasting my time thinking about this person? You can never know for sure what's to happen next but always trust the Lord that you'll be satisfied.