Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hey Batter!

Today I realized that I love who I am. I love how I was raised, the experiences my family gave me, and how it all helped me get to where I am today. I'm so grateful for all of those things. Yeah, maybe I missed out on somethings, at least to some people, but I wouldn't change a thing.

I felt really good today, minus a few unexpected surprises, but was over all a good day. I woke up, showered, and read the whole book of Titus. Yes, it's only three chapters, but they are key chapters for my life right now. Salvation, separation, and then service, as Steve Pickett has stated. You can't go to third base without reaching first and second, and in that order. I know I'm safe on first by grace and mercy of God through His Son, but I want to advance onto second, third, and then "home" will be so much more satisfying. I feel like I'm stuck in a pickle, between my comfort of knowing I'm safe no matter what, and that there is more to the game than just getting on base...

No comments: