Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pick, pick, pick....

Today was a little bit better, I think mostly because I helped someone move, which helped me with my stress. Plus, somethings were done by my bosses to help me out with this so called BLOCK PARTY. I never want to do it again, just like everyone else involved.

I was gonna call someone today, just to pick their brain, since I feel like they give good perspectives and advise, at least when it comes to me. But I have not talked to this person in over a week, and know they are probably busy being a student at the moment. I don't want to bother them, but then again I do. But I can't dial the number...can't even let it ring cause they might answer, and I'm not ready, or at least don't feel ready for that "howdy." Even now my heart flutters just thinking about it.

I called my Mom and Becca out of frustration, once again, today. I told them both of my plans of maybe changing schools to finish my degree. I'm sick of the crap I've been given time and time again with those who surround me. Constant let down, even from those that I consider good friends. Oddly, when telling my Mom, she mentioned Tucson...Not sure why, but did. Maybe she thinks there is something out here in Arizona for me, but just not in Flagstaff? I'm not sure what she meant by mentioning it, but she did. So where would I go? I already looked into CSULB and CSUN, since they have printmaking, and they aren't that far from home. I just have to let Him show me the direction...at least with home I would have a job already, and a great one at that.

Why does religion always get me fired up? Mostly when those question my faith and/or beliefs and church teachings. Some random dude IMed me yesterday. Seemed cool, from Alabama, and looking to move this way. I don't usually talk to strangers, especially online. Today he messaged me once again, but brought up religion, since I had told him prior that I'm So. Baptist. He apparently is Methodist which is fine, just not a doctrine I completely agree with. But he seems to be telling me that my church and self should be more open minded when it comes to the Lord's Supper, simply because we don't practice it at every service. It's sacred yes, but not the focus of my beliefs. The Resurrection and preparing the world for the Second Coming are, at least with me, what our focus should be when it comes my walk with God. And to bring up the use of instruments is lame. Why should we be limited on what we use to praise Him? Yes my church has a nice, wide variety of these items, from the grand piano to electric guitars and hand bells. What's wrong with that? I'm sure if God thought it was a bad idea, our church would suffer in some way. As Josh Turner puts it, "He rules the world with a staff and a rod." I just hope I was a good witness.