Tuesday, September 25, 2007

15 HOT wings later...

Yes, I ate fifteen hot wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, and they were DELICIOUS Mr. Joseph Gray! Am I hurting, no, they weren't Blazin' which should be called something else in reality.

I really got annoyed today, to the point that I felt guilty for being rude to my friend. But he's been getting on my nerves, and today was the wrong day to poke fun at me. Cause when 11 other people as you the same question, even right after I answer it, it can get pretty frustrating. And when the same 11 people try to tell you that your image for another class looks amazing, it shows they no very little about what you're trying accomplish. Even when your own instructor tells you: "it's ok, it's your first one." Yes, I'm just trying to learn the technique and then decide which to master for my show and life in general, but it's hard when I don't get complete crits from my peers. It's hard to just say "thank you", smile and move on...especially when you only have three weeks to work on four plates. I really need at least 6 weeks to get even close to what I want in my imagery...Maybe I just need to work faster, and not be too precise about it, but I also don't want to just do it to get it done.

I think I just need to get away from people for awhile, especially those that act as if whatever they hear or say is the absolute TRUTH, even when told by the original horse's mouth that they are wrong! I guess I'm just sick of those that are just trying to slip by, and fit into something that they have no understand of. Don't get me wrong, I love giving information, if I know it to be true. Yes, I'm human, and have been wrong a few times, but don't constantly give out the wrong information, and love being corrected. I guess I just wish more people understood what I'm doing...

Here's some information about Printmaking. Images are always signed in pencil, never ink or other mediums, since pencil is acid free and won't hurt the paper in which it is printed on. Also, this allows the image to remain the focus, and not draw away the viewer to the title, edition number, and artist's John Hancock. And it is always listed in that order, L-R: Title (if there is one), edition number(ei 4/30), and Signature. I should post some of my images, but I feel like only a hand full are worthy of being posted...

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

If you need to get away from stupide people, you know where to come.....however, if you want to get away from people who don't understand art, can't help you there.