Monday, September 3, 2007

Sleep Hard

That's what I did tonight. Paul, Melanie, and I, the three musketeers it seems, went and saw Die Hard 4, which I just fell asleep during the whole movie. Waking up during random parts, including when one of the movie patrons decided to yell at a group of kids. Eh, I paid like two dollars, so I'm not worried. Just worried about that strange quarter boy, who seriously was trying to steal my money as he ran around the theater, saying, "he died" over a kagillion times.

Today was a long day anyway. Got up to cut watermelon for the picnic(pictures seen here) we were having a church, got dressed, and drove by myself to Westminster. Just as I'm passing my rival high school, my phone rings...it's my sister, and she finally popped about 1130am EST. So I have a new Monkey/Niece. I've known her name since like May, and it's still kinda hard to get used to it. She's a big girl, but not as big as I was, but I'm sure she's gonna be just as amazing as me one day. The only sad thing is that I won't get to see her until March, since flying for a family of four (two being under the age of four), is very expensive when it's from coast to coast. I'm sure I'll get pictures soon enough. I just hope my sister is getting the rest she needs and that my brother is taking good care of her.

With the birth of Leyna, I've realized something. Today as well was Samuel's birthday, and he's officially three. I'm such a bad Auntie, and didn't call him. I'll do it tomorrow, and then hit Bo up as I head back East on Tuesday...But back to my realization. I now have four family members that share the same birthdays. My Mom and first niece (Kirstyn) share the eleventh of January, now Samuel and Leyna share the second of September...I really, really need to have kids in May. I wonder if I'll ever share a birthday with family, even though I think it's pretty awesome that I have the same birthday as Edgar Allen Poe...Pretty SWEET!

Tomorrow is my last day in Long Beach, I'm gonna miss it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.