Monday, September 10, 2007

Tired of it...

Hanging out with friends is the time that I feel top of the world, until I get a phone call. My lovely roommate called me as I was star gazing with a friend. For what you ask? To inform me that my Bible I left on my bed after doing devotions this morning, has become Samson's new chew toy. I wanted to cry. First of all, how did he get in my room? Janice and I agreed that he doesn't belong in there over a month ago, and yet some how, while we both were out, he got into my room and chew my only version on hand of God's Word. I'm sick of him chewing on everything! On me, the house (yes I'm serious about the house), and my dog. He destroys things, and this is something that really can't be replaced. My parents gave this Bible when I transferred to NAU. My Mom personally marked scriptures in it, and now it's missing pages. I know it's just a thing, and I shouldn't be that upset about it, but that was something special to me, and now it's ruined. I guess I really didn't need to read parts of it, since I'm now faced with the lack of Truth.

I haven't talked to his owner yet, seeing how she's never home. I don't know what to do. Do I have her replace it? Or will she even care? How do I even approach her about it? This is when I wish I had someone around to just give me awesome advise, but he went home yesterday, and it's too late to be calling and waking him up. I guess my day was bad as well...

1 comment:

HyperElbow said...

Well, it just sounds to me like endless problems with your roommates. Maybe it's time to evict them. Second and third and fourth chances get old, don't you think? I'm sorry about your Bible. This is just the kind of thing the devil uses to try and discourage us when we are trying to live in God's will. Don't let him win. Keep on being obedient. Try and find things to be thankful for and dwell on those things. I love you. Text me if you need me!