Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm not dead yet

So I finally go to the Health Center on Campus, find out that I weigh a ton (ok only 166lbs), and that my heart rate is at 97 b/m. The had me blow in to a device to check the strength of my expiration. Finally the NP comes in, very delightful lady, and gets down to it. "Let's hope it's not a blood clot, cause that is a possibility." Thanks Lady! Since last Thursday, I've been having chest pains on the left side of my sternum(breastbone), close to my heart and rib cage. They are very mild pains, that can last as long as 15 minutes, and never in the same spot. Anyway, go through some tests, she pushes on my ribs, and then finally listens to my heart and lungs. "If I could get you to lift your shirt up, I'm sure they won't see your boobies." Who says boobies on a professional level? I mean I don't even say boobies, that's like a high school or younger word. So what is her diagnoses: That the "joint" between my ribs and sternum is inflamed, so I get to take three ibuprofen three times a day. Hey at least I have a high pain tolerance, and didn't need a shot like so many others that have come in before me. She said it would take about a week or two for it to go away, and apologized for thinking the worst.

With finding out my current weight, I'm somewhat excited. Here I've been thinking about working out since school started, so that I would look good for Halloween. Since being home last I have almost dropped ten pounds, so who needs to exercise? Not me! hahaha ok I do, but not for the benefits that those around me are seeking. I'm trying my best to get motivated to compete in road races, but I've had no luck in keeping myself on the fast track to success. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad you aren't dying....i am also glad that it is something they could actually find. Keep moving and being active and the rest will come off too. I have been walking the block 5-6 times each night. good for me! Love ya!

becca

HyperElbow said...

Don't get me started on that one....I hate the whole study of nutrition....or let's just say health in general right about now. Why did I ever pick this major in the first place? Sorry you're in pain. I'm sorry too that I haven't talked to you much lately. School is crazy and my phone messed up yesterday. I will talk to you soon though.